Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Year of the Ox, Cont...

Roasted quail with shrimp chips and lemon.




Sesame lamb with onions and peppers (the green one scorched the back of my mouth).




Braised abalone, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy.




Fried tofu, snap peas, water chestnuts and carrots (my Uncle Alfred's favorite dish).




Honey walnut shrimp with broccoli.

As promised, the pics from my Chinese New Year feast (non-meat eaters may want to shield their eyes). Sorry, I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it's across the street from Sweet n Tart Cafe in Flushing. Some of my hungry relatives got their hands on the food before I could get a picture of it. Hence, the sparse roasted quail dish up top. The lamb was surprisingly non-gamey. Best of all, we requested the chefs not to use MSG, so no dizzy nausea at the end of a full meal. Ho bao!

No comments:

Post a Comment