Sunday, October 17, 2010

...And I'm Back!

Alas, I've neglected this blog long enough. Much like a chicken with my head cut off, I've been swamped in school full-time taking design courses while working part-time, so please excuse my long absence.

I thought I should update a little on my week of cooking. While my family was away in Hong Kong, I held down the fort at home and was in charge of dog-sitting, as well as making sure the house didn't fall apart or catch on fire (ha. ha). At the same time, I took the opportunity to embark on some cooking adventures.

All pictures originally taken the week of Oct. 4, 2010.


Kimchi tofu with spinach and ddukbokki.

If the plate looks empty, that's because I was so hungry I ate half of it already. Sorry!


Dduk-fishball soup.

I kind of pulled this one together on the fly. After cooking the dduk, or rice cakes, I split some of it into the kimchi tofu dish and the rest went into a soup with dduk broth. Found some fish balls in the fridge, and presto~ instant (OK, not so instant) soup! Excellent on those windy, blustery cold days of autumn.

Mystery Soup?

While the texture may appear murky, it tasted better than it's letting on...


Kimchi Bokum Bop.

One of my favorite casual Korean dishes, cooked home-style: Kimchi bokum bop, or Kimchi fried rice. I think I must've went with the wrong jar of gochujang, however, because it was mad salty! Many Koreans like their kimchi drenched in anchovy paste and other seafood flavorings, but I found that I like mine more simple and plain - with a "fresh" taste. Oh well, at least I tried...


This is not Korean.

People who know me know that I may not cook an awful lot, but I do make a few dishes well: eggs and noodles. There's nothing like an open-faced mushroom-Provolone cheese omelet for breakfast. If I have ham or bacon on hand, I throw that on too. Actually, I usually fold the omelet over once, but the ingredients in this one were too heavy and refused to turn over (fat omelet!). The cheese could've been melted more too, but it was still good...

More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment