Thursday, October 8, 2009

PC Cafe's Patbingsoo


Patbingsoo. I could eat this thing anytime, anywhere. And I mean that.

There are many ways to make patbingsoo, or Korean shaved ice with fruit. But I like PC Cafe's version best. I've scoured New York City for a dessert as refreshing as this...and have come back empty. So I was thrilled to go with T & T. We split a large patbingsoo (this one's ice cream wasn't in the shape of a heart, unfortunately).

The flavors rocked, as usual. We got a generous helping of tapioca pearls, strawberry, banana, peach, mango, kiwi and azuki red bean, along with the dollop of vanilla ice cream on top. The ice is always crushed properly and complements the rest of the ingredients, so it never feels like you're just crunching on a wad of flavored ice (cough. Cafe Zaiya).

Side note: The cafe's real name is Between Hours, but I've come to know this place as PC Cafe for (what else?) its gamer community and rows of PCs.

Pssst: Try the red bean patbingsoo version next time. Or how about some green tea ice cream? PC Cafe makes some mean boba, too.

Rating: 5 stars. I have no complaints, except to make the tower of patbingsoo bigger. Is that possible? So as to savor it all the better, of course...

Location:
Between Hours
154 Harvard Ave
Allston, MA 02134
617.782.1811
betweenhours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment