Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baked.

Clockwise, from left: Pumpkin Bread; Corn Bread; Ham, Cheese & Onion Bun.

Bakery de Paris is one of my favorite bakeries in Flushing. The pastries are always fresh and I have yet to be disappointed in a single offering. Best of all, inventive options abound, and it always seems like there's something new to try.


Pumpkin Bread.

Raisins and walnuts fleck this hearty, thick pumpkin bread. I bought it for my grandparents. They liked the Sweet Potato bread I got them from here before, but since the bakery was out of it this time around, I went for the seasonal pumpkin instead.


Ham, Cheese & Onion Bun.

At $2.25, this may seem like a hefty price to pay for a "meal" bun. However, the refined ingredients and crispy-on-the-outside, silky-smooth-on-the-inside texture make for the tastiest Ham, Cheese & Onion bun I've ever had. The ham was so high quality I was almost tricked into believing it was a slab of bacon! And the nutty, creamy gruyere cheese added the right amount of zing to the entire treat. It tastes like decadence (as decadent as you can be without delving into truffles territory). For all my gripes against onions, this is one instance in which I would gladly chomp on a mouthful.


Corn Bread.

I'm not sure why this is called corn bread, as it looks and tastes nothing like actual corn bread. However, the simple ingredients made my mom happy, as did the ooey gooey moistness of the bread, which had a crusty edge to it. I stole seconds!

Bakery De Paris
38-19B Union St
Flushing, NY 11354
718.460.0004

No comments:

Post a Comment