Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hungry for Hiroko's

Sis and I enjoyed a relaxed meal at Hiroko's Place, which I reviewed earlier for The Gotham Palate. I love this restaurant for its Japanized take on American classics.

Omu Curry.

For me, nothing screams "comfort food" like omelets or curry. And when they're together...well, you better watch it because your senses will be knocked out! This dish tastes so homey and good you'll almost forget how you're already full two-thirds of the way in.


Omu Curry.

Omu Curry ($13) comes with tender slices of beef drizzled on top and chopped up ham in the omelet. It's a lot more filling than I anticipated. The sauce, though, is the best part of all. Bursting with flavor, but not in an overpowering my-mouth-is-so-hot kind of way. Subtle.


Beef Curry.

Sis dug into the Beef Curry ($11) with aplomb. Look at that hulking mountain of rice! Hiroko's carrots are very soft and sweet.


Beef Curry.

I could eat this every day. Well, maybe for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment