Friday, February 5, 2010

My Sweet Madeleine

Macarons.

A trip to Madeleine Patisserie means sweet business. Macarons galore! But which ones to try? Clueless, my friends and I asked the counterperson for her picks - she recommended the "unique, different" flavors that Madeleine's is known for: Rose, Caramel Fleur de Sel, Passion Fruit. We each picked one, and I must say that my Passion Fruit burst with the fruit, coupled with the decadent, buttery filling. Perfect chew to it - slightly crunchy on the outside with a jam-like texture inside.


Gorgeous.

Not much talking while we scarfed these babies down. At $2.50 each, these macarons aren't exactly a frugal foodie's find, but they're memorable. And that's what matters.

Rating: 4 stars. Only because I have nothing to compare them too. I don't indulge in macarons often, though I'd be up for them again. I've got my eye on the Chocolate and Champagne...care to join?

Location:
Madeleine Patisserie
132 W. 32nd St
New York, NY 10011
212.243.2757
www.madeleinepatisserie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment