Monday, March 8, 2010

Ise Japanese Restaurant

Miami Roll and Crunchy Salmon Roll.

Catching up with my cousin downtown on Wall Street, we stopped by Ise Japanese Restaurant for some rolls and a rice bowl.

Miami Roll: Daily special. Mango, avocado, tuna, cilantro and a bunch of other tasty ingredients combine for tangy-tart succulence.

Crunchy Salmon Roll: Salmon tempura, avocado, cucumber and scallion with teriyaki and balsamic sauce.

The rolls were high-quality and packed with flavor. I mixed my ginger-wasabi-soy sauce mixture with each bite for additional oomph.


Katsu Don.

Nothing like good home-style donburi to complete a meal! We shared the Katsu Don, since we already had two rolls to work on. Boy was this filling. I forget how satisfying eggs, cooked onions and crispy deep-fried breaded pork cutlets over rice can be. The stone pot really maintains the dish's temperature well.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. This is more of a mini-review. I normally wouldn't go out of my way for Japanese, so I'd only eat here again if I'm in the area. Impressive rolls and stomach-pleasing rice bowls.

Location:
Ise Japanese Restaurant
56 Pine Street
New York, NY 10005
212.785.1600
http://www.iserestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment