Monday, April 5, 2010

Yeah, Shanghainese!

Yes, it's as good as it looks...and I was able to eat this juicy Xiao Long Bao (Shanghainese soup dumpling) in one bite. The insides are full of pork juice and can easily squirt out if not handled properly. This can happen for a number of reasons:

1. Poking the dumpling's skin too hard with chopsticks.
2. Biting into it, thereby renting the thin dough. And setting the roof of your mouth on fire.
3. Fumbling the bun and losing it to the crushing waves of the tablecloth. Epic. Fail.

Scorched tongue be hanged! If it's for the love of dumplings, I will survive.


New Yeah Shanghai Deluxe.

Happy New Yeah? Good times spent scooping rice (among other edibles) with friends at Yeah Shang Hai Deluxe Corp. We ordered family-style.



I wish I was more knowledgeable regarding the names of these dishes. But for now these pictures will just have to suffice.



Mapo Tofu.

I love spicy tofu, but the mapo tofu was definitely not as hot as I would have made it. Then again, I have a tendency to Korean-ize everything...

All in all, decently tasty Shanghainese food here. Thank goodness that the person who ordered for our table knew what she was doing!

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Steamed buns and vegetable soup (not pictured) were the winners, in my book. I want to see if the hand-pulled noodles are any good...

Location:
Yeah Shang Hai Deluxe Corp
65 Bayard St
New York, NY 10013
212.566.4884

No comments:

Post a Comment