Monday, April 20, 2009

Masticating Ramen

Photo by toyohara.

Peeped this over at Treehugger and was delighted to find that my dear friend ramen was featured in the slide show, entitled "9 Iconic Foods from 5,000 Miles Away or More." Something about spicy seafood and beef noodles warms me up right away, especially on a blustery, rainy, biting cold day like today. So you may not be overjoyed with the MSG content, but no one said you had to eat it every day. Dieters will rave in shock at this admission, but when I'm craving a late-night snack, Shin Ramyun hits the spot. Just...do it.

My other friends, Ceylon tea, and Thai Jasmine Rice, were also featured.

Yesterday while masticating a Mandarin Oriental Chicken Salad at Wendy's, I was reminded why I only eat salads as a side dish and not as the main course. Way to skimp on carbs, Wendy's. What? Not even a slice of bread to go with that? While your leaves certainly are fresh and crunchy, I can't imagine eating this as a reoccurring entree. It's deprivation, I tell you.

Such are the thoughts from a non-herbivore.

No comments:

Post a Comment