Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tastes Like Carrot

Carrot Bread.

Fresh carrot bread from Union Square's Farmers' Market. No preservatives or funky business. Just honest-to-goodness all natural ingredients: carrots, flour, vegetable oil, eggs, walnuts, salt, baking soda, cinnamon.


Windy Maples Farm.

The vendor, Windy Maples Farm, also sells banana bread, pumpkin bread and huge hunks of soft chocolate chip cookies. I did a thorough pat-down of the carrot bread before finally choosing it. Carrot bread isn't something I normally eat. My exposure to carrot pastries extends only to carrot cake, which is often too sweet. I can't get the memory of sticky frosting out of my head.



But this was divine. Good for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Not burnt and definitely not doughy. The walnuts added some nice texture. I shared some with the rest of the family, so the small loaf ($2.50) didn't last that long. Having approved this one, I'll happily upgrade for the regular size ($5).

No comments:

Post a Comment