Monday, April 13, 2009

Sugar Fix: Pillsbury Pumpkin Muffins


This entry originally took place on April 2.

As you can see by the date above, I am hopelessly behind on my blog. (Food, I still love you...) Things have come up in the professional arena that have required my undivided attention the past few weeks. In any case, I'll do my best to update the rest.

My cousin Vicky made some pretty kickarse pumpkin walnut muffins. Note how fluffy and almost uniformly round that muffin-top looks. When I asked her for the recipe, she laughed and admitted that she had used a Pillsbury box and just added the walnuts. No way! I would never have guessed. Not bad for a box.

By the end of the day, all four muffins were gone (consumed, respectively, by members of my family). Pillsbury offers other flavors, too, like banana, apple cinnamon and chocolate chip swirl. I may give the box a try next time I visit the supermarket...

No comments:

Post a Comment